From what I have read on other blogs that have been given this award, the Liebster Award is something passed around from blogger to blogger to show appreciation for what they do. :0) Apparently there are also rules when accepting the award:
~You have to link back to the blog that nominated you
~You have to share 11 facts about yourself
~You have to answer 11 questions asked by the nominator
~You have to nominate 11 other people and notify them of their nominationSounds fun! :0D
To start off, I guess I'll share 11 facts about myself:
1. I have an odd love of collecting bowls and spoons to use for my oatmeal.
2. I really really reaaalllly want a cat. Seriously. Sometimes I even dream about getting one...
3. I am an avid lover of all things Harry Potter, Adventure Time, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Thank you Jam-ey! <3).
4. At least half the clothes I own are either fandom related or really weird (galactic unicorn and robot dinosaur battle tights anyone?)
5. I collect sock monkeys.
6. When I grow up I want to do something in the field of food science.
7. I used to think oatmeal was gross...*gasp of horror*
8. I enjoy making healthy versions of things (especially healthy desserts!!!)
9. I am a health freak. However, I prefer the term "health nut" because "health nut" has the word "nut" in it, and I happen to really like nuts. The kind you eat you dirty minded person. :0P Plus I find "health freak" to be not a very nice term. That's just my opinion though.
10. I adore spicy foods, and my favorite cuisines are probably Korean, Japanese, and Indian. I also love a good ol' peanut butter and jelly sandwich. ^-^
11. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day because I get to make oatmeal, but sometimes I can't wait until morning and I eat oatmeal for lunch/dinner too. Who says oatmeal has to remain in the breakfast field????
Now to answer the questions from Claudia:
1. Do you expect to keep blogging for years to come?
I sure hope so! Blogging is something I quite enjoy doing, and since I often have some time on my hands (especially during the summer!), I definitely expect to continue.
2. Favorite meal of the day?
My favorite meal is without a doubt breakfast, because I get to eat oatmeal! My second favorite would be lunch.
3. Imagine your life ten years in the future. What do you hope it will look like?
I'm hoping I will have a good job somewhere in the food science industry and a well known oatmeal blog. I'm also seeing a cat somewhere in the mix, as well as all of my current friends. :0)
4. Favorite food?
Hmmm. That's a tough one. The first thing that pops up to mind is oatmeal, but are we talking about plain oatmeal or oatmeal with anything I want in it? Because if it's plain oatmeal then it's going to have to step aside and make room for chocolate, nut butters, and fruit.
5. Are there any political/social issues that you are particularly passionate about?
To be completely honest, I do not follow nor do I understand politics at all. But in the social area, I guess the lack of value put into nutrition by so many people and companies really bother me. I mean, why is it necessary to put so many oils/chemicals/junk into food, when we could easily be without them? Is money really more important than everyone's well-being?
6. What was the best piece of advice you have been given (recently or otherwise)?
Well, it wasn't really given to me personally, and it isn't exactly "advice" but I remember on one of the Oatmeal Artist's posts, there was a sentence that really caught my eye. Lauren had said "When you're eating real and clean food, calories are almost irrelevant." which is not only very true, but actually was really encouraging and reminded me that health is more important than looks. :0)
7. If you could change one thing about your life, what would you change? Would you change anything?
If I could change one thing about my life, I would make my parents cat lovers, which would lead to us having a cat in the family. Other than that, I like my life just the way it is. <3 (Although, if I could magically win an unlimited supply of free stuff from Whole Foods, I definitely wouldn't say no)
8. Maple syrup or honey? Or is there another sweetener you prefer?
For my oatmeal purposes I'd have to go with maple syrup, but putting that aside, I find that it just depends on what I feel like, or what the recipe calls for. But the sweetener I prefer above all else is...BANANAS!
9. Are you a morning person?
While I wouldn't say I detest mornings (because morning means breakfast!), I do like sleeping in.
10. How has your blog changed since you first started it?
Well, since I haven't had this particular blog for too long, I will compare it to the first blog I ever attempted. I can definitely say that photo quality has improved over time, and I think my recipes have become more...appealing?
11. Imagine aliens have just come to Earth and want you to explain humanity in one sentence. What would you say?
Easy. I would say "We have oatmeal." which would then either cause them to bow down to us in complete servitude or cause them to run away screaming, both options leaving Earth unharmed, if slightly shocked.
Now that I have answered the questions, here are my 11 nominees:
~The Healthy Pursuit
~Casey's Wholesome Kitchen
~The Happy Health Freak
~The Curious Country Cook
~Living Healthy With Chocolate
~Barefooted and Wild-haired
My questions for the nominees:
1. If you had to choose one last meal to eat, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite way to exercise?
3. Are you a cat, dog, or other type of person?
4. What is one place that you would love to go?
5. What type of cuisine would you really love to try if given the chance?
6. What inspired you to start a blog?
7. If you could give one tip on food photography, what would it be?
8. Are you adventurous when it comes to food, or would you call yourself more of a play-it-safe kind of person?
9. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
10. If you had to name a cow, what would you name it? It can be any color that you want.
11. Do you have any fandoms/interests that are not food or fitness related? (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Adventure Time, etc.)
Well my job is done, and I am so grateful to have been part of the Liebster Award chain. Thank you again to Claudia for nominating me, this really made my day!!! <3