Monday, July 14, 2014

Blackberry Banana Oatmeal

I seem to have a bowl obsession. I don't know why, but I just really like bowls. I guess it's fun having different bowls to eat oatmeal from, and I could be obsessed with worse things right? Compulsively going to the bowl section in very store I go to, that's not weird at all! :0D

On the topic of oatmeal, I was surprised at how yummy this was! I guess blackberries and bananas are just meant to be... And isn't that color so pretty? Who needs food coloring when you can have blackberries?

Fun Fact: Some good friends of mine bought me the bowl I used in the picture below. You can't really see it, but there is a lemon panted on the side. <3


Blackberry Banana Oatmeal topped with more banana, blackberries, peanut butter, and mango accompanied by my little Forest Ghost. :0)



Blackberry Banana Oatmeal
-1/2 c oats
-1 c milk of choice
-heaping 1/2 c blackberries (fresh or frozen)
-1 ripe banana
-1/2 tbsp chia seeds
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
In a small saucepan, bring your milk to a boil. Once it is boiling, add your oats and chia seeds, then reduce the heat to medium low. Let the oats and chia seeds absorb some of the liquid for a couple of minutes. While you wait, mash your banana. Once some of the liquid has been absorbed, stir in vanilla and most of your blackberries (leave maybe 4-5). After the blackberries have softened a little, carefully smush a couple. Once most of the liquid has been absorbed, stir in your banana and the remaining blackberries. When the oatmeal has reached your desired consistency, transfer it to a bowl and top with anything you might like, then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment