Saturday, July 26, 2014

Raspberry Fudge Baked Oatmeal

I have good news!!!! My Nutribullet, IT'S ALLLIIIVVVEEEE!!! I guess it needed a little break or something. *phew* That was one of the scariest moments I have ever experienced in my life (shows how interesting I am, huh?). To celebrate I made myself a huge bowl of Pineapple Protein Nice Cream (a hint of what's to come?), but that's going off topic....Let's talk warm gooey chocolate-y raspberry heaven. I don't know why I was so surprised at how yummazing (yes, it's so good that I had to make up a word to describe it...) it was, because chocolate + berries generally equals happiness, but this was next level good. I'm talking it barely even qualifies as breakfast anymore, even though it was 100% healthy. Have I convinced you yet? How about if I mention that there were little bubbles of melted chocolate chips inside, and that the raspberries got all warm and juicy, and that the oatmeal itself was positively cake like? And if you happen to add a glob of your favorite nut butter on top . . . . your going to have to use your imagination for that one. Or better yet, head to your kitchen right now and get cracka lackin on some amazeballs breakfast food.

Raspberry Fudge Baked Oatmeal topped with sliced banana, pistachios, maple vanilla macadamia nut butter, cacao nibs, and chia seeds. 


Raspberry Fudge Baked Oatmeal
-1/2 c oats
-1/3 c milk of choice
-1 banana
-1/3 c raspberries (fresh or frozen)
-1 heaping tbsp chocolate chips of choice
-1 1/2 heaping tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-pinch cinnamon
-2 tbsp egg whites
-1 tbsp apple sauce
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tbsp maple syrup (optional, add if you have a sweet tooth)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and cocoa powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mash your banana (save a couple slices for topping if you want), then add the milk, vanilla, egg whites, apple sauce and maple syrup. Stir briefly, then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until everything is very well combined, then carefully fold in the chocolate chips and raspberries. Put the batter into a ramekin, top with any remaining banana and toppings that you would like, then bake in the oven for 25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment