Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mocha (Choffee) Oatmeal

I must admit, I've never actually had a mocha before. I don't even drink coffee. But chocolate and coffee sounded like a really good combination, so I went along and tried it. While I was planning and eating this bowl of oatmeal, I didn't know what a mocha was, so I was thinking about calling this Choffee Oatmeal....Even after learning the "correct" term, I was still thinking about calling it Choffee, because c'mon, Choffee? How adorable is that? Plus it's really fun to say too. Choffee. Choffee. Chhhoooffffeeeeee. Ok I'll stop now. Sorry. Anyways, I finally decided to call it Mocha Oatmeal because I felt like if I call it Choffee, everyone would be telling me that it's actually mocha. But that didn't stop me from adding Choffee in parentheses. :0)

As for taste, all I can say is mmmmm. Coffee and chocolate go so well together, and it smells absolutely divine. Ha. I just used the word divine. ^-^ Ahem. As I was saying, please do yourself a favor and make this for yourself on some miserably cold day when you could use cheering up, on a joyful day when you feel you should celebrate something, or on a random day when you want a new breakfast idea. Whatever day you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy this bowl of Choffee goodness. :0)



Mocha Oatmeal with raspberries, blueberries, coconut, peanut butter, and a chocolate chip. 


Mocha (Choffee) Oatmeal
-1/2 c oats
-1 c milk of choice
-1 heaping tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
-1 heaping tsp instant coffee granules
-1 banana
-1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp maple syrup (taste first, and add only if you want it sweeter)

Directions:
In a small saucepan, bring your milk to a boil. Then add your oats and ground flax seeds. Lower the heat to medium low, then let the oats soak up some of the liquid for a couple of minutes. While you wait mash your banana. Once most of the liquid has been soaked up, add the vanilla extract, the coffee granules, the cocoa powder, and the mashed banana. Stir until everything is evenly incorporated. Taste, and if you want it to be sweeter, add the maple syrup in. When the oatmeal has reached your desired consistency, transfer to a bowl and add any toppings you want.




Mocha Oatmeal with coconut, kiwi, cookie dough nut butter and chocolate chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment