Sunday, July 6, 2014

Crunchy Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal

Calling all peanut butter and banana lovers! This is definitely the oatmeal for you!!! I guess I knew that it would be yummy, because peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips (which are optional but highly recommended)? What could go wrong? But when I dug in and took my first bite, I slowly floated my way up to heaven. This must be one of the best baked oatmeals I have ever had, and trust me, I've definitely had my fair share of them. The inside was all cake-y, with peanuty-ness and banana in every bite. And the chocolate chips, they really sealed the deal. I love how they get all melt-y and warm, yet still retain their cute little shapes when baked in the oven. And if you're like me, and adore peanut butter (actually, I really love nut butters of any kind), then there will probably be another dollop put on top, because there is no such thing as too much peanut butter!!!


Crunchy Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal with chocolate chips and sliced banana.


Crunchy Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal
-1/2 c oats
-1 c milk of choice
-2 tbsp egg whites
-2 tbsp peanut butter
-1 tbsp peanuts
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1 banana
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-chocolate chips for topping (optional but recommended) 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and peanuts in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mash 3/4 of your banana. Add the milk, vanilla, and egg whites to the mashed banana, and stir briefly. Add the wet to the dry, then mix until everything is evenly combined. Add the peanut butter, and gently mix it in. I like to leave chunks floating around, but you can mix it completely if you want. Transfer the batter to a ramekin, and top with chocolate chips if you choose to use them. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment