Saturday, July 19, 2014

Maca Blueberry Overnight Oats

I realized that I hadn't posted an overnight oats recipe to accompany my poor lonely Mango Sorbet Overnight Oats  in the Overnight Oats section of my recipe index. So I set out to create a new recipe at once. Now I do have my reasons for letting this section gather cobwebs, the most important one being that I am the type of person who prefers a nice warm bowl of oatmeal (or baked oatmeal <3) in the morning. However I must admit, being able to grab a bowl (or jar) of already made oatmeal and then heading out the door is extremely helpful, especially when there is somewhere you need to be and you woke up a tad late. Not that I've ever done that or anything. *cough*


Maca Blueberry Overnight Oats topped with sliced pear, banana, walnuts, coconut, and sunflower seeds. 



Maca Blueberry Overnight Oats
-1/2 c oats
-3/4 c milk of choice
-1 tbsp chia seeds
-1/3 c fresh blueberries
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tsp maca powder
-1/4 tsp vanilla
-1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
The day before, combine the oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, maca powder, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir well, then gently add in the blueberries. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap (if you have it), and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning give it a quick stir, then add your toppings of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment