Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chocolate (Protein) Nice Cream

I can't believe I never thought about trying this before. I've had nice cream plenty of times (actually I eat it basically every day...), but I've never thought about adding tofu to it! I actually got the idea from Casey's Wholesome Kitchen. She has posted many recipes for Tofu Soft Serve, and they all looked amazing, but I've never come around to trying it out for myself. I'd like to say that it was me being to preoccupied to try it, or that I couldn't access tofu, but that would pretty much be a lie. Truth is, whenever I happened to remember that I wanted to try adding tofu, I ended up putting it off because I was too lazy. -_-' Opening a package of tofu, then draining the water, then measuring out how much I need, then getting a container, then putting back in the fridge, phew, I'm getting tired just thinking about it . . . .  But now that I have tried it, I'm never going back!!!! The tofu makes it so creamy, and don't worry, you can't taste it! You just get all the added protein and nutrients, and a lot of extra yumminess. <3 Of course, if you don't have any tofu, you can make regular Chocolate Nice Cream too, which is just as scrumdiddlyumptious.



Chocolate Protein Nice Cream topped with chia seeds, goji berries, and pepitas. 





Chocolate Nice Cream with added spinach (which is why it looks like baby barf), topped with raspberries, cacao nibs, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds.


Chocolate Protein (Powder-less) Nice Cream
-2 frozen bananas
-1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
-heaping 1/4 c soft tofu (optional)
-milk of choice

Directions:
At least a day before, peel, chop, and freeze your bananas. When you are ready to make your nice cream, break up the frozen banana chunks, and add them as well as the tofu and cocoa powder to a strong blender or a food processor. Starting with about 3-4 tablespoons (just enough to get the blades moving), add some of your milk and start the blender/food processor. Blend/process until everything is completely smooth and creamy. Add more milk as necessary, but be careful not to add too much or you might end up with more of a shake.

For a larger serving:
-3 frozen bananas
-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
-heaping 1/3 c soft tofu (optional)
-milk of choice

Directions:
Just follow the same directions as above, then enjoy. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment