Monday, July 28, 2014

Chocolate Cherry Nice Cream

I scream, you scream, we all scream for. . . . NICE CREAM! <3

"Nice cream" has definitely become staple food in my life, I have it almost every day! And it just tastes that much better when it is hot and summery outside. Speaking of summer, I can't believe that it's already the end of July! Where have the weeks gone? Oh well, I still have a month left before school starts again...*shudder* Not that I hate school or anything, but it keeps me so busy, I feel like I'm going to have less time to write and take {acceptable} pictures. Especially in the winter, when the sun rises late and I have to get up uber early to catch the bus, the lighting is horrible. -_-  Oh well, I shall find a way, even if it means that I have to eat breakfast for lunch (which isn't actually so bad...)!!!

Now off the topic of school, and on too the amazing combination of chocolate and cherries!!! The creamy coolness of the chocolate and the slight tartness of the cherries meld perfectly into one heaping bowl of deliciousness. Topped with some coconut and cacao nibs, this is the perfect healthy summer time treat.


Chocolate Cherry Nice Cream with shredded coconut, cacao nibs, and walnuts. 



Chocolate Cherry Nice Cream
-3 frozen bananas
-1 heaping tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
-1/3 c frozen cherries
-milk of choice

Directions:
The day before, chop and freeze your bananas. When you are ready to make your nice cream, add your bananas to a high power blender or food processor, as well as enough of your milk of choice to get things going. I would recommend starting out with about 3 tbsp, and adding more if necessary. Once the nice cream has become completely smooth, remove half of it and place it in a bowl. Add the cherries to the remaining nice cream, and blend or process until smooth. Remove cherry nice cream, and put it in a bowl, then add the nice cream that you had set aside into the blender/food processor along with the cocoa powder, and blend until everything is combined. Put the chocolate nice cream with the cherry nice cream, and enjoy. Alternatively, you could just add all the ingredients into the food processor/blender in the beginning, and have one flavor of nice cream instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment