Monday, August 4, 2014

Strawberry Maca (Protein) Nice Cream

Well, I have some more nice cream for you, I hope you don't mind? 

As I was making my usual nice cream the other day, and pondering what flavor I should use, it hit me that I had neglected to try one of the founding flavors, one of the originals, one of the most basic and well known variations of ice cream there is...strawberry!!! But I couldn't just make strawberry you see, I decided to throw in some maca as well, and why not add some more protein with tofu? So I waited as my little Nutribullet whirled away (happily back from the dead), evilly tapping my fingers together, with a very suspicious look on my face. I did this for absolutely no reason at all, and afterwards I felt a bit silly. But the nice cream made up for it, for it was like revisiting my childhood bowl of strawberry ice cream, minus all the sugar and gunk . . .*sigh*  Good times, goooood times .   *falls into a glazed eye stupor while reminiscing about past*  *random person clears throat* *jumps* Woah, what was I talking about again . . . nice cream, right. Do yourself a favor and make some. You might even get lost in thought like I did! :0D


Strawberry Maca Protein Nice Cream with coconut, mulberries, cacao nibs, and sliced almonds, accompanied by one of my many sock monkeys.



Strawberry Maca (Protein) Nice Cream
-3 chopped and frozen bananas
-1/2 c frozen strawberries
-1 tsp maca powder
-1/3 c tofu (optional)
-milk of choice

Directions:
The day before you plan on making nice cream, peel, chop, and freeze your bananas. When you are ready to eat, combine all the ingredients (start with about 3-4 tbsp of milk) in a high speed blender or food processor, and process/blend until creamy and smooth. If necessary, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time, until everything is combined. Transfer nice cream to a bowl, top with anything you want, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment