Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Coconut Cookie Dough Bliss Balls

I've jumped onto the bliss ball bandwagon. I couldn't resist, but then again, who could? With all those pictures of little balls of amazing looking deliciousness spamming my face on Instagram, I didn't stand a chance. I know that bliss balls are usually made of nuts and dried fruits, however my main ingredient is good ol' oats, but don't worry, these babies still taste heavenly.

Trust me, I did a lot of "professional and completely necessary" taste testing. And then of course, I dug my finger around the bowl of my food processor for any bits that got left behind but no one else needs to know that, okay?


Coconut Cookie Dough Bliss Balls.

Coconut Cookie Dough Bliss Balls
-1 1/3 c old fashioned oats
-1 c shredded unsweetened coconut
-1/4 c honey
-1/4 c runny almond butter
-1/4 c water
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1/3 c chocolate chips of choice or cacao nibs
-desiccated coconut for rolling

Directions:
In a food processor, combine the oats and shredded coconut and process until everything has become chopped up into small pieces and combined, but not to the point of oat flour. Then add the honey, almond butter, water, and vanilla, and process until a ball forms. Test the dough with your finger. It should be sticky and easily rolled into a ball. If it is too dry, add some more water or honey, if it is too wet, add some more oats. Once you have the right consistency, add the chocolate chips/cacao nibs and pulse a couple of times, until they are well incorporated. Put your desiccated coconut into a small bowl, and using about a tablespoon at a time, roll the dough into balls, then roll the balls into the desiccated coconut. Repeat until all the dough has been used up, then refrigerate for about 10 minutes, or until they have firmed up a bit. Enjoy blissfully.

2 comments: