Thursday, September 18, 2014

Double Cacao Coconut Overnight Oats

I've said it quite a few times now, but I'll say it again.

I'M SO SORRY FOR MY LACK OF RECIPES AND POSTS LATELY!!!

I've just been really busy with school and homework, not to mention quizzes after quizzes after tests after projects (and it's only the second week of school!!!) By the end of the day I can barely stop myself from falling asleep on the spot, so there isn't really time to squeeze a post on in.

Obviously I made time since you are currently reading this though, so no worries.

 Double Cacao Coconut Overnight Oats topped with dried berries and seeds, maple vanilla coconut chips, hemp seeds, peanut butter, and a coconut macaroon.


In rushed, crazy school morning that have become a part of my daily life, overnight oats have become a STAPLE. Like seriously that's all I eat in the morning (with the occasional nice cream intervention) because I don't really have time to make regular stove-top oats or baked oatmeal (*tear*). Hence the fact that this recipe is an overnight oat recipe that I tried a couple days ago. Or was it yesterday? I swear all the days are blending together into one massive blur.  Did I wear that shirt last week? Or did I wear it two days ago? What class do I have first again? When is that quiz again?

WHO IN THE WORLD AM I?!?!?!

The question of the ages. I'm having an identity crisis!!! O-O No not really. Actually, I don't even know what that is.

WHAT IS AN IDENTITY CRISIS?!?!?!

Ack. Something I can actually tell you for certain is that I have become slightly addicted to listening to music on the bus. -_- And my bus driver likes to play her music on the bus, so I have to turn up the volume REALLY high. I think I might become deaf soon. -_-

Double Cacao Coconut Overnight Oats topped dried berries and seeds, maple vanilla coconut chips, hemp seeds, peanut butter, and a coconut macaroon.

That reminds me of another incident that happened! In biology we were working with hydrochloric (spelling?) acid and sodium chloride, which was fun but afterwards my eyeballs felt super weird. Like I had to go to the bathroom to splash 'em, which made my orbs of seeing feel a bit better but I was still worried that I'd go to sleep that night and wake up blind or something.

Thankfully that didn't happen.

Well you're probably bored with reading my ramblings.

ONTO THE RECIPE!!!
Double Cacao Overnight Oats
-1/2 c oats
-3/4 c milk of choice
-1 heaping tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
-1 tbsp chia seeds
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tbsp shredded coconut + more for topping
-1 tbsp cacao nibs (or chocolate chips of choice)
-1 banana (or 1 tbsp maple syrup/sweetener of choice to taste)

Directions:
The day before, mash the banana thoroughly (if using) and stir in the oats, cacao, chia seeds, vanilla extract, shredded coconut, and cacao nibs. Then pour in your milk and whisk everything until well combined. Cover and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning give the overnight oats one more quick stir before adding some more shredded coconuts and any other toppings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment