Friday, September 5, 2014

Basic Pancake Pizza (for one)

My first day of high school came and went (hence the gap in posts. I'm really sorry 'bout that.). It was definitely not as terrifying and horrendous as I expected it to be, and I didn't even get lost (although I did have to back track a couple of times)! Plus there was no into-locker-shoving (at least not that I was aware of . . . ) and all my teachers are really nice. I was nervous for biology because I'm taking honors this year, but the teacher is awesome (and super pretty), and from what we have done so far I totally  think that I'm going to enjoy it. We've started an experiment with mustard seeds . . . I literally can not wait to get back to class. And this is saying something because I am the type of person that really enjoys weekends.

I was also fortunate enough to get into metal works and drawing. They are both such amazing classes, taught by such sweet and kind teachers. I can't believe my luck!

 Basic Pancake Pizza topped with my Peanutty Cookie Dough Butter, banana slices, chocolate chips, and sliced almonds.

All in all, the only bad thing about the starting school again is the time-consuming homework. But when I think about it logically, wherever I would have gone to school there would have been homework involved, and I've had boatloads of homework before, so I can't really say that it was completely-unexpected-what-is-this-evil-and-foreign-thing-called-homework.

Basic Pancake Pizza with Peanutty Cookie Dough Butter as the "sauce" and banana slices, chocolate chips, and sliced almonds as "toppings".

Now that we have discussed being at school let us speak of the after school time period. This is literally me when I get home:

Me: I NEED FOOD!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

and then:

Me: ME WANT CARRRRRBBBBSSSSSSS!!!! ME WANT CHOCOLATE!!! ME WANT PEANUT BUTTER!!!! Ooh pineapple! ME WANT PANCAKES BUT I IS TOO LAZY TO MAKE THEM!!!!! *starts grabbing random things and noshing them*

and once I'm not dramatically dying of faux-starvation:

Me: *burp* Hmmm . . . I wonder what I should make for snack.

Basic Pancake Pizza with Peanutty Cookie Dough Nut Butter, banana slices, chocolate chips, and sliced almonds. 

FYI this is an exaggeration. Sort of. Just don't get in the way of hangry moi and you shall be fine. But I wan't joking about wanting pancakes yet being too lazy to stand next to the stove and waiting for them to cook one by one. Enter the Pancake Pizza! It's easy to whip together, and then you just bake it (adding toppings mid-way but whatever), so there are no tantalizing pancakes that you have to stand and stare at as they slowly bubble, and no running around putting toppings on your finally completed stack. Yup, this baby is perfect.

Basic Pancake Pizza:
-1/3 c old fashioned oats
-2 tbsp coconut flour
-1 tbsp coconut sugar
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
-1/2 c milk of choice
-1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
-toppings of choice (I highly recommend peanut butter/nut butter, banana slices, sliced almonds, and chocolate chips)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl/cup combine flax egg ingredients and set aside. In a small blender/food processor, grind your oats into a flour. Transfer the oat flour into a medium bowl, then add the coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir well. In a separate bowl, combine your milk of choice and the apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk in the vanilla and flax egg. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until combined.

Spoon dough onto parchment paper, and smooth out into one circle with the back of a spoon. It should be fairly thin. Bake the pancake for 1-12 minutes, until it has become pretty firm. Add your toppings, then put back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Once it's done baking transfer from parchment paper onto a plate (it may be a bit floppy so be careful) and cut it into slices. Then you can enjoy!!!


Basic Pancake Pizza . . . again. Accompanied by some Alice In Wonderland. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment