Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chocolate Hazelnut (Nutella) Bliss Balls

Yes I know. In most people's minds, chocolate + hazelnuts = Nutella, but you know Nutella is filled with nast-ay poop so I didn't really want to associate these little balls of delicious heaven with it. However I know that they taste exactly (in an almost creepy way) like Nutella (except better and in ball form), so there will be associations anyway. Hence the parentheses added to the title.

GRACEFUL SUBJECT CHANGE THAT YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T NOTICE!

Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Balls


My hair is a frizz bomb. It's ridiculous. I wake up, brush it and half of it is still sticking out at odd angles. And don't even get me started on my bangs. Actually, I am going to get started on them.  They are either too flat, too curly, too frizzy, or just plain weird looking. And I would pin them back except I look even worse without them so it doesn't really solve the problem. So today I decided to do something about it! Enter my friend and yours, Google! *click clack* Home remedies for extremely dry and frizzy hair . . . *clicks random one* *scrolls* Hmmmmm. *goes to kitchen and mixes yogurt, honey, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar into a bowl* *sniff*  Ewwwwww.  *goes upstairs into bathroom*
Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Balls

It was the moment of truth. I hesitantly took up a handful of the grossness that was my "home remedy" and started slopping it over my poor hair. At first it felt absolutely disgusting but after a while I got used to it and it actually felt kind of nice . . . in a slimy, stinky, and cold way. I rinsed out my hair after the recommended 15 minutes and I think it did something but I'm not sure. I mostly feel the need to take another shower.

Yesh a shower is necessary. I feel really gross so I think I'm going to wrap up over here and leave you with the recipe.

Enjoy!


Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Balls


Chocolate Hazelnut (Nutella) Bliss Balls
-1 1/2 c rolled oats
-3/4  dry roasted hazelnuts
-3 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
-1/2 c peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
-1/2 c honey
-1/2 c filtered water
-1/4 c SOFT pitted dates (I used medjool)
-1/3 c chocolate chips/cacao nibs
-coconut, cacao powder, etc. for rolling (optional)

Directions:
In a food processor pulse your oats and hazelnuts until I fine meal forms. Add in your dates, peanut butter, honey, and cacao/cocoa, then process until everything has been combined into dough. The dough should easily be able to make a ball, but not be too wet. If the dough is too dry add a tablespoon or so more water until the right consistency has been reached. If the dough is too wet add a couple tablespoons more oats until it is right. Form balls with the dough, using about a heaping tablespoon for each one. Roll it in a topping of your choice (I used coconut) if you want, then let the bliss balls sit in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before eating. Make sure to store them in the refrigerator until they are ready to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment